Starting Over By Raul Dinzey
Job Security- Is There Such a Thing?
Like many of us, I was encouraged to get a good education, so I can get a good job. I believe we were given correct information; however, we only received part of what we needed. A formal education, financial education is important and also to be able to function in the information age., when you get a job you are now compensated for your productivity and are selling your time in exchange for money. Yes you add value to your employer and yes you might be affected by global competition. When you only have one source of income and when an economic downturn knocks you out. What are your options when considering the countless Blogs and crowd sourcing and websites to gather information about side hustles and other ways to create extra streams of income.
How has having one income stream worked for you? I can only look at the numbers, because the numbers speak for themselves. Every 7 to 10 Years, there is a recession, like right now, the economy is impacting businesses as well as employers. Can you see yourself enjoying living a life where work is optional? A life where the lack of money does not control your lifestyle? Wouldn’t it be awesome to enjoy the precious Turquoise blue water of Caribbean Sea and to listen to the relaxing sound of the waves as they reach the shore while feeling the trade winds keeping you cool under the large beach Umbrella? I know we are just pushing through the 1st month of December 2022. Is life more than working, paying bills and the daily grind of working 10 to 16 hours? Is there another way so that you work now and you will receive compensation for an indefinite time? There has to be another way, don’t you agree?
The Gig Economy Side Hustle Moonlighting
When most of us were younger our parents encouraged to dream big, that we could do anything. Yes our parents were 100 correct, according to Napoleon Hill in “Think and Grow Rich” what the mind of man can conceive and believe it can achieve. In my opinion, we are limited by our imagination and our willingness to work hard, to earn extra money which is now called hustle. When you are running late for work, you hustle or move quickly. Well the term hustling is or was previously used to describe being conned or ripped off. Our parents or some older adults, the term previously used was ” Moonlighting” For this blog post when you find a side hustle, it is meant to describe making extra money. When we look for ways to earn extra income, we find countless ideas to make extra part time income.
Top 5 Side Hustles
I am unable to speak for anyone else regarding what is best for him or her and how the recent cost of food, gasoline and utilities is affecting him or her. The cost of Gasoline has gone up and it seems like it keeps going up every week. The cost of food is well , joining the Gasoline. Since my salary is not keeping up with inflation, I find myself searching, seeking, asking myself, “how can I cut expenses and increase my cash flow?” If you agree, or at least see my point of view, let’s look at some options below:
- Part- Time job with Amazon, either as a Driver, or as a Warehouse Team Member, earning around $15.00 per hour.
- Shared Driving job with either Uber, Lyft, or Via, earning per ride rate depending on the demand of rides based on the time of day and the distance of the ride.
- Pick up and deliver groceries for Instacart, which pays per trip and provides the opportunity for tips as well.
- Start your own business. Now this is like jumping into the deep end of the Swimming Pool, seriously, I propose that, you will never work harder than when you work for yourself. Opportunities are now- here. Who do you want to serve? When it comes to finding a need in your Community, the sky’s the limit. From the Cradle to the Grave, all human beings need products and services.
- Buying and flipping Shoes, Clothing and other items in demand. While checking out different YouTube Channels, I found a young brother who buys and sells sneakers and has developed an excellent strategy for how to price, find, buy and sell expensive sneakers.
With all the instability in the world, is it a good idea to “ wait and see what happens, or is it better to prepare for when it happens?” Let’s do like the Boy Scouts and” Be Prepared! Please hit me back with your thoughts and feedback. Thank you so much in advance!